Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Long Time Between Posts


It has been a long time between my blog posts. What a difficult year it has been. My dear Dad, William (Bill) Muir passed away on 26 September after losing his short battle with glioblastoma (brain tumor of the worst type). It has been such an emotional year and as a result I have not kept up with all I should including my posts. Life is slowly gaining a new sort of normal now so hopefully I will get back to working on the things that have put aside for this year.

I am looking forward to a whole new and hopefully uneventful and quiet year. An uneventful and quiet year hopefully will bring lots of fabulous new designs and new inspiration.

I would like to also take a moment to thank the embroidery world for all it's tremendous support this year during dad's illness. We received so many loving and kind emails and prayers that touched both Dad and myself. In today's ever increasing angry world, that kind and loving support meant the world to us and really helped develop an aspect on the fact that there is still a wonderful community of amazing people out there. So thank you - your support means more than I can ever express in words and gave me a revitalised appreciation of the nature of mankind.

So hopefully in the coming weeks I will start to update this blog on a more frequent basis with some interesting tips and chat on embroidery!

No comments: